1 pinch chilli optional
1 lemon zested
1 eggs to bind
1-2 cloves garlic crushed
1 handful sesame seeds
500g filo pastry one packet
1 chard or savoy cabbage
- Dice the shallots and cut up the chard stems very finely.
- Sautee in a butter and olive oil mix. Add the crushed garlic.
- Once softened add the chard (or cabbage) leaves and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, the feta, and a small amount of chilli if you like. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg and add it to the mixture.
- Brush one sheet of filo pastry with melted butter and cut into 10cm strips.
- Put a small blob of mix into the corner and fold the pastry over, creating a triangle. Do this 4 move times, covering with butter each time.
- When finished gently roll the pastry in sesame seeds.
- Cook in a hot oven at 200C for 8 minutes, then gently turn over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. They should be slightly brown.
- Allow the pastries to cool before eating.
Don't add salt - the feta is salty enough.