1 onion sliced
2-3 tbsp tomato puree
1 handful peas
3 potatoes quartered
4 carrot sliced
500g stewing steak or similar
1 stock cube or bouillon made up with boiling water
- Brown the meat with the onions on the hob in your slow cooker pot.
- Transfer the pot to the cooker - put on high.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and cover with stock (just made up so nearly boiling).
- Add tomato puree (enough to make the mix very red, half to one tube)
- Cook on high so it bubbles for at least 5 mins. Cook on medium/low for at least 2 further hours or more.
- 10 mins before serving add peas.
The longer you cook this, the tastier it is, the softer the meat is and the creamier the vegetable are.