1 onion chopped (or use Marmite as an alternative)
100g cheese grated
1 box shortcrust pastry
1 eggs beaten
- Roll out pastry until its 5mm thick (approx) into a rectangular shape.
- Divide rectangle in half and spread chopped onion (or marmite) on one half of the pastry and sprinkle cheese thickly on top.
- Fold other half on top and press down.
- Wash the top of the pastry thinly with egg.
- Slice into thin fingers and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in an oven set at 180C. Or equivalent gas setting.
You can also use pesto instead of onion or marmite.
A great way to use leftover shortcrust pastry.
Kids can help