200 g sugar
200 g dark chocolate, (around 65% cocoa)
200 g unsalted butter
5 medium eggs
1 tbsp plain flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in microwave or by bain marie.
- Let the mixture cool a little, then add the sugar. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition but without beating in too much air into the mix. Fold in the flour.
- Turn into a sandwich tin or silicone baking mould (22cm) and cook for a round 22 minutes. It should be wobbly in the middle when you take it out.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before turning out the cake. Let it rest in a cool place, covered with foil.
- Slice and serve with crème fraiche.
Try to make it the day before you need it.
Kids can help