500 g potatoes, (leftovers) chopped hopped into 3cm chunks
75 g butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 small goat's cheese round
- Gently saute the onions and leeks in butter in a frying pan until the onion is transparent, and the leek has softened.
- Add potatoes and mix thoroughly, until potatoes are golden and heated through.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Roughly chop up the goat's cheese and insert lumps of cheese randomly throughout the dish.
- Place in an oven or under the grill until the goat's cheese has melted through the potato, and the potato has crisped slightly.
You could also fry chopped ham or bacon at the onion/leek sauteeing stage to make it more a substantial meal, and add grated chese and black pepper before transferring to oven/grill. Serve with slight hysteria and great friends. (Optional: you can even eat it on your knee with a spoon on your own in front of the telly if you like, but mine was better with fabulous company).