Serves: 4(2 Votes)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breast (or Quorn chicken pieces)
1 tsp curry powder
1 pint chicken stock
1 tsp turmeric
1 green pepper
1 tsp ground ginger
2 celery stick
4 handfuls basmati rice
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp plain flour
4 naan breads (optional)
- Cook chicken and finely shred (or use leftovers).
- Make 1 pint of chicken stick (Kallo cubes are good).
- Chop onion, pepper and celery finely.
- Heat oil in pan and slowly book onion, pepper and celery until softened, then add garlic.
- Add shredded chicken.
- Take pan off heat and stir in flour, curry powder, turmeric and ginger.
- Pan back on a medium heat and stir well.
- Add a small amount of stock and stir well.
- Add remainder of stock, stir well, bring to boil and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Cook enough rice for 4 people and serve with naan breads.
This is always gorgeous but even more so if made in advance (morning/night before).
Quorn chicken pieces also work really well with this recipe (they can be stirred in from frozen after stage 9).