1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
1 bag spinach washed
1 eggs beaten
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 blocks butter
1 pinch grated nutmeg
1 packet of filo pastry
1 bag pine kernels
1 packet of ricotta cheese
1 block feta
- Empty the spinach into a big bowl.
- Crumble the feta and ricotta into it.
- Add the garlic, egg, nutmeg, lots of pepper and maybe a little salt.
- Combine everything, easiest to do with your hands.
- Toast the pine kernels either under the grill or by dry frying until they turn slightly brown.
- Following the instructions for use on the filo pastry pack, line the bottom of a flat pie dish with a single, overlapping layer of pastry.
- Use the butter, melted, to brush over each sheet as you go and keep the unused sheets under a damp tea towel.
- Empty the spinach into the pie dish.
- Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top.
- Layer more buttered sheets of pastry to cover the top of the pie, and incorporate the layers from the base.
- Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes at 200C/Gas Mark 6.