300 ml chicken stock
225 g bacon, rinds removed
225 g shortcrust pastry
1 eggs, beaten (for glazing)
110 g no-soak dried apricots, chopped
225 g pork sausage meat
1 tbsps dried mixed herbs, or leftover stuffing
225 g turkey, cooked and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5.
- Flatten the bacon rashers with a palette knife and put in a deep oven-proof dish.
- Put in a layer of turkey chunks and then a layer of apricots and finally a layer of sausage meat.
- Sprinkle the dried mixed herbs between each layer.
- Continue making layers until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of sausage meat.
- Pour over the stock.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry to fit the top of the dish and cover the pie.
- Trim and flute the edges and decorate with pastry leaves.
- Make a slit in the top and brush with egg.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.