300 ml milk
100 ml double cream
1 tsp sugar
150 g chocolate
250 g digestive biscuits
50 g unsalted butter
50 g nuts, grated
- In a pan, heat the milk and cream/butter until simmering.
- Turn the heat right down and break the chocolate into the milk. Stir until all the chocolate has melted into the milk.
- Meanwhile, crush the biscuits/bread in a bag with a rolling pin or by using a pestle and mortar.
- Take off the heat and pour the crumbs and the nuts into the pan and stir until combined. The mixture should now have the consistency of porridge.
- Taste the mixture and add some sugar if required. Add more nuts or cocoa if desired.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Take out, shape into balls, sausages or Easter eggs.
- If desired, sprinkle with chocolate shavings, ground nuts, coconut shavings, decorate with coloured sugar bits, candied fruit, or whatever you like.
After chilling, you can pretty much use the mixture as chocolate playdough and shape/decorate it however you or your kids like.
Biscuit and sweets