1 tin tomato puree
1 tbsp sugar, (to taste)
2 tins chopped tomato
500g lean minced beef
1 packet of quick cook spaghetti
- Put on a pan of water and leave to boil.
- Whilst waiting for water, place mince in saucepan and fry until brown without burning. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add tinned tomatos and tomato puree. Stir and leave to simmer.
- Water should be boiling now so add spaghetti and cook for 10 mins.
- Add sugar to bolognese a little at a time. Taste and if it still tastes slightly bitter add more sugar.
- Drain spaghetti and rinse under hot water.
- Arrange on plate topped with your sauce and some grated cheese. A winner every time.