1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cinnamon
115-140g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cream together sugar and butter, and beat in the egg.
- Add the vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix the dough well.
- You may need a bit of extra flour - it should feel quite light and a bit sticky.
- Roll dough into a long sausage and bake for 20 mins on a greased baking sheet or baking parchment.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 1/2” (1cm) slices.
- Place each slice, cut side down, on the baking sheet, then bake for another 15-20 mins, turning the biscotti over half way through the cooking time.
- They should end up really dry and hard - babies really love to gnaw on these and it keeps them entertained for a while.
You can make with less sugar but I figured these are probably still less sugary than supermarket ones.
Baby and weaning
Biscuit and sweets