1 pinch salt and pepper
1 onion, chopped
100g cheddar, grated
400g chopped tomato
1 pepper, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, (to taste)
1 pinch oregano
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put enough olive oil to come up to at least 1cm in a deep saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and pepper and simmer on a low heat until your peppers are soft, at least 15 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi, oregano, salt and pepper and give a good stir so that all the gnocchi is covered in the oily, garlic, oregano sauce.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, you want the gnocchi to be covered in garlic and oregano. Add the chopped tomatoes and a little salt and pepper to taste and leave, stirring now and then to stop sticking, for about 10 minutes. The gnocchi is done when you can put the point of a knife through easily.
- Tip into an oven proof tray and sprinkle with the cheddar. Leave to bake for about 5 minutes in the oven, enjoy!
For young children, don't put it in the oven. Just serve into their dish and sprinkle with cheese, it can be cooling while yours is in the oven and you can all enjoy at the same time.