50 g butter
1 large onion, chopped
250 g risotto rice
200 ml water
75 g fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
250 ml Worcestershire sauce
1 tins mushroom soup
150 g mushrooms, chopped
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the onions then fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the risotto rice, soup and white wine, stir then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary.
- Add the spinach leaves, stir well, then serve.
If you've got meat eaters for dinner you can always cook some diced chicken just before the mushrooms and garnish with Parmesan shavings.