1 pinch salt and pepper, (to taste)
1 tbsp milk
4 slices bread
8 slices streaky bacon
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Warm a little maple syrup up (I cheat and pop into a small pot and blast in the microwave for 20 seconds).
- Brush the rashers of bacon with the maple syrup.
- Grill the sticky bacon until really crispy, turning over half way.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a decent, large heavy frying pan with a little oil.
- Soak the wedges in the egg mixture until wet but not too soggy.
- Fry the bread in the hot frying pan, turning once when the underside is golden. Avoid poking the wedges too often as they will fall to bits. It is best if you watch them carefully and turn them just once.
- Serve with the crispy sweet bacon on the top and a little more maple syrup if you like.
Makes a great Sunday brunch with freshly squeezed orange and a good old fashioned mug of tea.