Serves: 6(4 Votes)
1 large courgette, sliced into fine discs
A handful pine nuts
500g frozen puff pastry
Some pesto, fresh or from a jar
1/2 bag baby spinach
Some Parmesan, grated or shavings
- Defrost the pastry according to packet instructions (usually means taking out of freezer 2-3 hours before).
- Pre heat oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle to fit a large baking tray or whatever you have (I use a roasting tray).
- Lightly oil baking tray with olive oil.
- Place pastry into the tin.
- Spread 2-3 tbsps of pesto onto the pastry; enough for a thin layer. Leave 2cm round the edge of the pastry.
- Put spinach on top of pesto, then courgette. Remember the spinach will reduce dramatically in volume so pack as much on as you can.
- Sprinkle over pine nuts and season with black pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden, courgette has softened and spinach has wilted.
- 5 minutes before taking out of oven sprinkle over parmesan or put on just before serving, depending on preference.
Brush pastry edges with beaten egg or milk if you want to be fancy. Serve with tricolore salad. Can be warmed up reasonably well for a couple of days after