Serves: 6(4 Votes)
1 large courgette sliced into fine discs
500g frozen puff pastry
1/2 bag baby spinach
1 handful pine nuts
some pesto home made or shop bought
some Parmesan grated or shavings
- Defrost the pastry according to packet instructions (usually means taking out of freezer 2-3 hours before).
- Pre heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle to fit a large baking tray or whatever you have (I use a roasting tray).
- Lightly oil baking tray with olive oil.
- Place pastry into the tin.
- Spread 2-3 tbsp of pesto onto the pastry; enough for a thin layer. Leave 2cm round the edge of the pastry.
- Put spinach on top of pesto, then courgette. Remember the spinach will reduce dramatically in volume so pack as much on as you can.
- Sprinkle over pine nuts and season with black pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden, courgette has softened and spinach has wilted.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over tart about 5 minutes before taking out of oven, or put on just before serving, depending on preference.
Brush pastry edges with beaten egg or milk if you want to be fancy. Serve with tricolore salad. Can be warmed up reasonably well for a couple of days after.