3 drops vanilla extract
115 g caster sugar
1 pinches salt
30 g cocoa powder
1 handfuls chocolate chips, (any variety)
115 g plain flour
60 g butter
- Preheat oven to 190C/175C fan.
- Mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sieve in flour, cocoa and salt.
- Mix and add in vanilla extract. You should end up with a dark cookie dough mix.
- Mix through chocolate chips.
- Divide into approx 8-12 balls (depending on how large you want your biscuits) and place, well spaced out, on a greased baking tray. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, again depending on the size of the biscuits.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool slightly. Then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Use a wet fork to flatten the biscuits - it won't stick to the dough.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help