Serves: 4(1 Vote)
1 1/2 pints milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs beaten
1 tbsp butter
110g raisins (or a mix of raisins and sultanas)
7 slices bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3.
- Get a large oven proof baking dish and rub the butter around it.
- Butter each of the slices of bread on one side only.
- Line bottom and sides of the dish with the buttered bread, cover as much of the bowl as possible but try to leave 2 or 3 slices of bread to one side.
- Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, raisins and sultanas, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Once this is done pour the mixture over bread.
- Place the remaining pieces of buttered bread on top, try to submerge these by pressing on them.
- Allow the bread and butter pudding to stand for around 30 minutes.
- Cover the bread and butter pudding and then place in the oven and bake for up to 30 minutes.
- Take off the lid and cook for another 30 minutes until top becomes golden in colour..