50ml olive oil
8 tbsp milk
2 tsp baking powder
40g cheddar, grated
50g cream cheese
3 medium egg, beaten
1/2 tsp milled black pepper
100g black or green olife, sliced
1 handful pumpkin seeds
250g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the cases in the muffin tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and pepper together in a mixing bowl then add the cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, feta and 4 tbsp of milk together to make a paste.
- Then add the eggs, olives, oil and remaining 4 tbsp mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until the flour is no longer visible. Don't overmix, don't worry about lumps and don't beat the mix.
- Put the mix into the cases, either 3/4 full or just to the top.
- Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds on top.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
You can add herbs if you wish. I added some finely chopped garlic as I had some hanging around.
They aren't as light as sweet muffins, they are almost like bread, but they are delicious and filling.
Best served warm. Put them in the microwave for 15 seconds if they are room temperature.
Kids can help