130 g caster sugar
500 ml double cream
1 orange, zested (to taste)
3 tbsp water
450 g rhubarb, chopped
500 ml custard
- Add the rhubarb, sugar, water and the orange zest to a saucepan and gently cook over a medium to low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rhubarb has broken down and started to turn into a mush, take it off the heat and leave to cool.
- Once cool, puree the rhubarb with a stick blender.
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the custard and the cream into the rhubarb puree.
- Pour the final mixture into glasses, chill and serve.
Make sure as much liquid as possible is drained from the pureed rhubarb, otherwise the fool will be too sloppy.