2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
500 g mince, (beef or pork or whatever you like)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 handfuls breadcrumbs, (granary if you're feeling healthy)
2 carrot, (or courgettes work well too)
- Finely chop (or whizz in a food processor) onion, carrot, and garlic.
- Saute gently in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the mince, onion mixture, breadcrumbs and ketchup (I use a food processor).
- Shape into meatballs, place in roasting tin and cook at 180C for about 20 minutes.
- Optional: at this stage, add a jar of pasta sauce and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes to heat through.
Also excellent mix for burgers - just grill for 5 minutes each side.