75g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
110g unsalted butter
75g light muscovado sugar
140g plain chocolate
150g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put in a food processor, add both sugars. Mix until like sand.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to sugar. Add flour, baking powder and egg and mix in the processor until it all comes together to make a dough.
- Tip out of the processor, work in optional nuts if required.
- With lightly floured hands roll mixture into balls of about walnut size and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, leave to cool for a few minutes and then put onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 5 days (if you manage to keep them that long!)
Do not double the mixture, its too much for the processor! Can add pecans if you want, just work into the mixture after processing.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help