1 tbsp milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp golden syrup
188g (approx) flour
- Put the butter, sugar, golden syrup and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is nearly boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together.
- Add to the cooled mixture.
- Stir well.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on ungreased oven trays.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help