250g self-raising flour
120g caster sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
125g unsalted butter, softened
250g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small slices
- Heat oven to 150C.
- Boil pumpkin for 10 mins/until cooked.
- Drain pumpkin, then mash until smooth.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add syrup, mix well.
- Add egg, mix well and then add in the mashed pumpkin.
- Add flour and raisins, fold in well with metal spoon.
- Spoon mixture into greased 20cm cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 mins/until skewer comes out clean.
Soak raisins in water then drain before adding to make lovely and juicy
Kids can help