1 olive oil
1 tbsp flour, (to coat)
2 slices bread
1 red pepper, (optional)
1 tin red kidney bean
2 cloves garlic
1 handful flat-leaf parsley, (optional)
- Whizz the bread in a processor to make breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Drain the kidney beans and add them plus the onion, garlic, pepper and flat leaf parsley to the processor and whizz together.
- Add the breadcrumbs. Add more breadcrumbs if the mix is a bit sloppy, but slightly sloppy doesn't matter.
- Shape the mix into burgers and chill them in the fridge for an hour if you have time.
- Coat them in flour and shallow fry for 5 minutes or so per side, turning to avoid burning.
- Serve in a bun with ketchup.
This is even quicker if you don't chill the burgers before cooking them.