1/2 onion diced
2 tbsp sherry
200g chicken liver
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
3 tbsp butter
- Fry the chicken livers and onion in a tablespoon of butter until cooked through.
- Add the herbs, sherry and seasoning - don't skimp!
- Put into a food processor and blitz.
- Spoon into suitable ramekins.
- Melt remaining butter in the microwave then pour on top of the ramekins to seal.
- Set in the fridge.
Be adventurous and try different combinations: add orange juice and zest; add rum-soaked raisins; add rashers of bacon diced; whatever takes your fancy.
Stick a bay leaf into the melted butter on top for decoration.
Give to friends and family who are having Christmas parties - goes down a treat on ritz crackers