1 knob ginger, peeled
1 splash soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
4 sea-bass fillets with skin on , (you could also use trout, salmon, haddock or cod)
- Using a little oil in a really hot heavy-based pan or griddle, fry the fish (skin side down) for about a minute.
- Turn the heat down, turn the fish over and gently cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the chilli, peel and finely slice the garlic, ginger and onions.
- Take the fish out and put it skin-side-up on plates. Drizzle with a bit of soy sauce.
- In the same pan, stir fry the chilli, garlic and ginger for two minutes. Add the onions and toss gently for one minute.
- Ladle generously over the fish. Serve with rice, or salad, or even chips.
You can stir-fry the veg in a separate pan while you're cooking the fish, to make this meal even speedier.