1 tbsp oil
6 slices bacon, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
500g brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and halved
1 tin chestnuts, halved or quartered if large
- Plunge the brussels sprouts into a pan of boiling water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain well and refresh the sprouts under cold running water, then drain again.
- Heat the butter and oil in a deep-sided frying pan or wok.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the sprouts and chestnuts and stir-fry until all the ingredients are heated through.
Canned chestnuts need no preparation before cooking, so this meal takes just minutes to make.