115g streaky bacon, (chopped into small pieces)
4 salmon fillets, (or 1 per person)
- Peel and chop potatoes into small chunks and boil or steam till soft (you want them soft enough so that they go a bit fluffy when banged about).
- Sauté in a frying pan, with a knob of butter and a glug of oil, about the same amount of each.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into small pieces and fry in another, large frying pan until cooked.
- Remove and put to one side, and place fish skin-side down in the now bacon-infused oil and fry until skin is browned.
- Turn over and cook on low heat till all pinkness is gone (15 minutes or so).
- Toss the bacon in pan with soft fluffy potatoes till mixed together and bacon warmed through.
- Serve with broccoli.
If you have a large flat casserole dish with a lid, you can cook salmon in oven once you have browned skin on hob.
Don't attempt to saute the potatoes in the same pan as the bacon because the bacon doesn't crisp.