225g self-raising flour
50g golden caster sugar
50g vanilla sugar
50g salted butter melted and cooled
100g almonds roughly chopped
- Put 225g self-raising flour in a bowl and stir in 50g vanilla sugar, 50g golden caster sugar and 100g roughly chopped almonds.
- Beat two eggs with 50g slightly salted butter, melted and cooled. Add to the bowl and mix to a dough. Turn out onto the surface and cut in half.
- Shape each half into a log 24 cm long. Space well apart on a greased baking sheet and flatten each until about 7cm wide.
- Leave to cook for 20 minutes then cut each piece into about 12 slices (use a serrated knife).
- Space the biscuits slightly apart and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Cool, dust with extra vanilla sugar.
Keep well in an airtight container
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help