1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1l vegetable stock, hot
4 chicken breast, breaded southern fried-style
300g risotto rice
4 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
150g frozen peas
- Preheat your oven to 200C (180C if it is a fan oven).
- Place the chicken in the middle of the oven on a baking tray for 25 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan then add the onion and cook until slightly brown.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crisp.
- Add the rice and the stock and bring to the boil. Stir well and reduce the heat and cook, covered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain away the water.
- Once the chicken is ready, take it out of the oven, cut it into small pieces and stir it with the peas into the risotto.
- Add a little salt and pepper if desired.
Make sure the onion is chopped up very small.