80ml milk, hot
2 tbsp double cream
50g cheddar, grated
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
3 tbsp ham, chopped
1 tbsp malt vinegar
6 potatoes, large
2 egg whites, in addition to the 6 eggs
50g butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Scrub the potatoes, prick with fork and bake for about an hour or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice the top off each of the potatoes and scoop out the flesh into a bowl, reserving the skins.
- Mash the potato with the milk, butter and cream until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped ham and parsley, season to taste.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into the potato mixture, keep warm.
- Lightly poach the whole eggs in a large saucepan of water to which the vinegar has been added.
- Half fill each of the potato skins with the potato mixture, carefully add a poached egg.
- Cover with more of the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of each potato with grated cheese.
- Place under a hot grill to brown.