1 packet of sweet pastry
1 jar jam
- Remove pastry from fridge about 15 minutes before you need it, or follow instructions on the packet.
- Flour your work surface and a rolling pin. Roll out the pastry to about 3-5mm thick.
- Use a round cutter to stamp out circles of pastry. Dip the cutter into flour before each cut to make the circles come out cleanly.
- In a greased fairy cake tin (I use a silicone one that does not need greasing) place a circle in each hole. Use gentle, floured fingertips to press down the circles.
- Add a scant teaspoon of jam to each tart.
- You can brush the edge of the tarts with egg or milk to make a shiny edge when baked.
- Bake at 180C for 8-10 minutes, but do check regularly to ensure the jam does not boil over.
Use a floured end of a round-ended rolling pin to press down pastry circles.
Biscuit and sweets
Jam and chutney
Kids can help