2 tbsp oil
4 free range chicken breasts
3 medium leeks
1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry
1 tin condensed mushroom soup, (small)
2 handfuls mushrooms
230ml whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C-200C
- Cut the chicken in to small chunks and cook in oil on a reasonably high heat in pan for about 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Wash and trim the leeks and cut them into 1cm slices, add to the chicken, stir, reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms, and cut into quarters. Add to the pan, stir.
- Add the can of mushroom soup and the whole milk (I usually add about half a can, depends ho runny you like your sauce), stir and simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Put the mix into pie dish - the mix should be about 1-2cm away from the top of the dish, make sure it is not too full otherwise it will bubble over in the oven.
- Put the pastry over the dish, trim the edges and brush pastry with milk or a beaten egg.
- Put on a baking tray and cook in the middle of the oven for approx 30 mins until pastry is lovely and brown. Delicious with mash and green veggies!