450g demerara sugar
1 tin Carnation milk
- Get together some baking parchment and grease and base line an 18cm square tin.
- On a low setting, heat all the ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves - it is important to make sure that all the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Bring the pan to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, make sure you stir continuously, until a temperature of 116C/240F is displayed on a sugar thermometer. If you do not have a thermometer, you can see if the fudge is ready by dropping a little into a pan of cold water. If a soft ball is formed, it is ready.
- Take the pan off the heat. Beat the mixture until thick and grainy - this can take up to 10 mins.
- Pour into the pre-prepared tin and set aside to cool. When the fudge has cooled, cut into pieces and serve.
Great to make as presents. At Christmas I made loads of fudge, DDs decorated some boxes and we gave them to relatives as presents.
Biscuit and sweets