1 tbsp milk, or beaten egg for glazing
1 tin sweetcorn, drained
500g ready-made shortcrust pastry
100g stuffing, cut into bite size pieces
4 tbsp creme fraiche, or milk
1 tin condensed soup, cream of mushroom
500g turkey, cooked and cut into bite-size chunks
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Empty the soup into a bowl and stir in the crème fraîche or milk.
- Add the turkey, stuffing, sweetcorn to the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 20cm ovenproof pie dish, then take two thirds of the pastry, roll it out on a floured surface and lay it onto the dish. Trim off the excess pastry.
- Place the prepared filling into the pastry-lined dish.
- Dampen the edge of the pastry rim with water, roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie. Seal the edges well and trim neatly.
- Make a small hole in the centre of the pie to allow steam to escape, then brush the surface with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden.
If you haven't enough turkey to fill the pie dish try adding canned ham or additional vegetables – leeks and broccoli also work well.