100 g cheddar, grated
3 spring onion, finely chopped
8 slices chorizo, thinly sliced
4 flour tortillas
Some guacamole, sour cream and salsa, to serve
2 tbsp jalapeño peppers, chopped (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan gently on the hob. Lay 2 tortillas out ready to fill.
- In a small bowl mix together the grated cheese, spring onions, jalapeno peppers and chorizo.
- Split the cheese mixture between the 2 tortillas making sure you keep them even and leave a 1cm gap from the edge.
- Top both tortillas with another tortilla to create a sandwich then place one into the frying pan. Gently toast for about 2 minutes on each side or until the tortillas are golden and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat with the other quesadilla, then cut each into 6 triangles.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
If you want to cut calories, fat and saturated fat even more then skip the sour cream and guacamole, and just serve with the salsa. This brings the nutritional value down to just 220 kcal, with 8 grams of fat per serving. You can also swap the chorizo for fresh peppers.
Kids can help