1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 red onion, diced
1 tbsp honey
1 packet of ready to roll puff pastry
1 handful rocket salad
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Fry the red onion for 10 minutes in a frying pan with a bit of butter.
- Add a couple of slugs of balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey to caramelise the onion.
- Lay out the puff pastry on the baking tray. Add the onions to the middle of the pastry and crumble to cheese on top. You could add olives, parma ham, tomato purée, pesto or other toppings if you wish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry has gone golden.
- Place some rocket salad over the top of the tart and serve.
This recipe is so quick and easy to do. This recipe is great to use up leftovers in the fridge - think of it as a sophisticated pizza!