4 slices bacon (Any will do. You could use parma ham too.)
4 turkey escalopes
3 sausages (skin removed - Lincolnshire are nice.)
7 chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190C. Take the escalopes and bash with a meat hammer or other blunt instrument until about 4mm thick. Take the sausage meat and mix with the chopped mushrooms using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into quarters and then re-fashion into a sausage shape. Lay the escalope in a portrait way, pop the sausage-shaped mixture at one end and roll the escalope up.
- Then roll the bacon around the parcel too. Continue until all four are done and pop on a baking tray and into the top of the oven for about 25 minutes.
- When they're cooked they feel firm to the touch and the bacon will have crisped up. The sausage meat will have done a great job of keeping the turkey moist.
- Serve with whatever your Christmas vegetable repertoire consists of.
I love how easy this is. It's so easy I could become one of those mad types who eat Christmas dinner every day and wears a Santa suit even in July. I'd be on East Midlands news if I did that I'm sure.