Serves: 8(2 Votes)
250g self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
150g golden caster sugar
50g walnuts, chopped
125g butter, softened
1 pinch salt
450g bananas, ripe, around 3
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4. Lightly butter a 25cm x 10cm loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas to a purée.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric beater until smooth and pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well until just combined. Fold in bananas, vanilla and walnuts.
- Lightly fold in flour and salt, and spoon into tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before tuning out.
Cover with tin foil if starts to brown to quickly.
Kids can help