1 tbsp icing sugar, (to garnish)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
125 g white sugar, (Whitworths is easy to obtain)
235 g plain flour
125 g butter
- Mix butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix again.
- In another bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the flour mix bit by bit to the butter/sugar bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pat dough into a ball and wrap in cling film or waxed paper and put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until half as thick as your cookie cutters and cut out.
- Put biscuits on greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool then decorate with icing and sprinkles.
Get a large variety of cookie cutters as the children will love cutting out all sorts of shapes & decorating them.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help