175g coconut cream
350g plain chocolate
200g digestive biscuits
50g nuts, chopped (pistachio or hazelnuts work well)
60ml cherry kirsch liqueur
350g frozen or tinned black cherries
- Draw six heart shapes on baking paper - you can freestyle or use a heart cutter - should be about 4in wide.
- Melt 200 gs of the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water and using a piping bag, outline the hearts, fill with the remainder of the chocolate and put into the fridge to set after sprinkling with the chopped nuts.
- Marinade the cherries in the Kirsch, keeping approx 1 tbsp of cherries back - 2 hours minimum (overnight is better).
- Melt the rest of the chocolate chocolate, coconut and butter in a bowl over simmering water, and add the chopped digestives and nuts.
- Add the cherries and any remaining juice and put into a lined loaf tin, put in the fridge to set for minimum of 2 hours.
- Turn out the “cake” and cut out hearts approx 1cm thick, you now need to assemble/layer the love biscuits.
- Use a chocolate heart and then add a biscuit heart, followed by a chocolate heart and another biscuit finally by a chocolate heart, so each biscuit should have 3 choc hearts, and 2 biscuit ones.
- Chop up the cherries you held back and drizzle around the assembled biscuit. Serve and enjoy!
These biscuits sound fiddly, but I promise you they are not - it's just a case of making chocolate hearts and a chocolate and cherry loaf then assembling into posh biscuits. Blow your other half away!
Biscuit and sweets