8oz self-raising flour
3oz caster sugar
1 splash milk
2oz raisins (or sultanas, or chopped glace cherries)
- Put oven on to Gas Mark 6/200C and grease a large baking tray.
- Sieve flour into bowl (or buy no sieve flour!).
- Add butter and rub with fingertips until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in sugar and fruit if using, then add and egg and stir in.
- Add enough milk to make a stiff dough.
- Put 12 heaps onto tray and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
My two-year-old hels to rub in flour and tips in ingredients for me.
Great with a well-earned cuppa!
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help