2 tsp mixed spice, (optional)
10 chicken drumstick, or 4 chicken breasts
1 tsp mild chilli powder, (optional)
1 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
2 tsp mixed herbs
250 g chicken bovril
2 tsp ground black pepper, (optional)
4 slices brown bread
- Place the chicken in a deep pan filled with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- When cool, remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Place the bread and mixed herbs into a food processor, blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish.
- Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.
- Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by.
- Using a spoon, carefully dribble the paste all over a piece of chicken, then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the chicken pieces are covered.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool.
- Once cool transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Make sure the tray is sprayed with fry light!