Serves: 8(1 Vote)
1 desiccated coconut, (or grated chocolate - optional)
1 jar jam
225g plain flour
1 banana, (or 2, or 3 - depending on your taste)
For the pastry:
- Preheat oven to 190C (gas mark 5.)
- Mix flour and sugar, rub in fat.
- Mix with cold water using a knife to cut and stir to form a dough.
- Knead dough lightly on a floured surface.
- Roll out and put in a flan tin.
- Place a circle of greaseproof paper over the bottom of the tart and sprinkle a layer of rice or dried beans on top to prevent it rising (don't put it directly on the pastry!).
- Bake for 20 mins, remove the rice/beans and paper, return for 5 more minutes until crisp and golden.
- Allow to cool.
For the filling:
- Make up custard according to instructions but missing out some liquid to make it thick, leave to cool slightly.
- Dollop jam into the pastry case and spread around evenly.
- Slice bananas and arrange on top of jam.
- Pour partially cooled custard on top of the jam and bananas.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut on top of custard if liked.
- Leave to set in fridge.
Grated chocolate can be used instead of coconut but don't put it on while the custard is warm!
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help