125 g butter
150 ml double cream, (to serve)
150 g sugar
150 g dark chocolate, (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
10 g cocoa powder, (to dust)
2 tbsp instant coffee, (mixed with 1 tbsp boiling water or half water/half Tia Maria)
40 g plain flour
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of gently boiling water then leave to cool slightly.
- In the meantime, grease 6 ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa, tapping out any excess.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, dissolved coffee and flour.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the egg mixture and stir together until smooth, then pour into the ramekins.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 200C/Gas Mark 6, the tops should start to crack slightly.
- Serve with cream.
Make in advance and keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours, then bake when needed.
Kids can help