2 onion, chopped
4 chicken breast
2 tsp turmeric
1 chilli, diced
1 tbsp almonds, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp coriander
- Soften the onion in some oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli, nuts, spices and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whizz with a hand blender. (You don't have to do this but I find that my children are happy with spiced foods but not keen on the bits).
- Put in a casserole with the chicken and cook at 190C/Gas Mark 5 for 40-50 minutes until the chicken is done.
- If you think the sauce needs to be thicker add some cornflour.
You can make double the sauce and freeze it. Just reheat and pour over grilled chicken breasts.