22g self-raising flour
1/4 pints milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 eggs, beaten, to glaze
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 carrot, peeled and grated
- Mix the butter and flour with your fingertips to make breadcrumbs, add salt.
- Add grated carrot.
- Make a well in the centre, add milk and mix.
- Knead for a 5 minutes.
- Roll out to an inch thick, cut out with a cutter.
- Sprinkle with cumin seeds and brush on a little beaten egg.
- Place on baking tray, cook for 8-10 minutes at 200C.
If you add baking powder as well as using self-raising flour, it will rise really well!
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help