250g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp orange juice
2 1/2 tsp orange zest
450g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5.
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
- Add orange juice and orange zest.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 6mm thickness. Cut out Easter shapes, like bunnies, with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Ice and decorate with the kids.
Make lots as they are yummy!
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets