50g caster sugar
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp cocoa powder (for sprinkling)
125g plain wholemeal flour
125g butter or margarine
- Cream together the butter/margarine until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour and the cocoa powder.
- Roll the dough into small, even sized balls and place onto a greased baking tray (or one lined with a baking sheet).
- Press each ball with a fork - dip fork into some flour to stop it sticking to the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190C/Gas Mark 5 for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool on a tray.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
You can make a batch of biscuits (as described in step 4) and then freeze the dough. If baking from frozen, add another 5 minutes to the cooking time.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help