1 tsp baking powder, levelled
75g light muscovado sugar
175g self-raising wholemeal flour
4 tbsp clear honey
1 eggs, beaten
75g polyunsaturated margarine
100g porridge oats
25g sesame seeds
100g carrot, scrubbed and grated
20g raisins, rinsed
- Lightly grease 1 or 2 baking sheets and set aside.
- Place the margarine, sugar and honey in a small saucepan and heat gently until the margarine has melted and the sugar dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Mix together the egg and carrots. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed.
- Add the carrot and honey mixtures; stir well.
- With moistened hands, shape heaped dessertspoons of the mixture into flat rounds.
- Place, a little apart, on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 200C/Gas Mark 6 for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- The biscuits will be crisp on the outside and soft in the centre.
- Store in an airtight container.
Do your best to tell yourself they count as one of your 5 a day!
Biscuit and sweets